Gloom, dispair, and agony on me...

so goes a little ditty I grew up hearing on a certain show. Do you know the one I mean?



Recently I discovered reruns of HeeHaw on RFDTV. Okay, if you didn't know before I am from the deep south, and this is what we did on Saturday nights-we watched HeeHaw. I am amazed at the skill of Roy Clark and Buck Owens. Oh, my gosh, how their fingers flew over the strings! It is amazing! I don't understand why sometimes little cartoon pigs dance across the screen, but I guess they didn't want to make it too sophisticated in case the children were watching (which we were). My children, however, are not fans. They call it boring (except for the dancing pigs).




And I have to say, LuLu really doesn't look that fat to me now.
Hmmm. I guess 30 years and a few pounds more will change one's perspective.

I just got back from seeing Roy Clark at the Paramount in Ashland. Wow! I love good musicians! This piece on my playlist is Roy's. I know Hee Haw put him in the limelight in the late 60s and early 70s, but I think it also did his career an injustice because it labeled him as countrified by those who didn't watch the show a lot and didn't "get" the ironic flair of it. But if you watched it, you saw some of the bluesy tunes that Roy could and did play, and how he really wasn't just a country/bluegrass guy, but an incredibly talented instrumentalist.