I'm a published author!!

It's just past 5:30 a.m, and here I am at the computer. There's nothing like seeing one's dream come to fruition for getting one out of bed in the morning! I even beat the sun up, and goodness knows THAT doesn't happen too much (not without serious early morning obligations). I just checked The Wild Rose Press website, and the new releases aren't up yet. Also, my author page doesn't have The Jinx cover. I'll be checking back probably every ten or so minutes. "Is it there NOW? How about NOW? NOW? Let me see...Now. Maybe it's there now. Okay, NOW! PLEASE now."

My guess is the new releases will be put up by noon, so we'll see if I'm right. In the mean time, I'll post a blurb about and an excerpt from The Jinx:

Talk about a house call! All Ellen wanted was to get her ring out of the bathtub drain; what she got was a rude plumber who made her clean out her closet, bled all over her bedroom carpet and fainted. Then refused to let her pay her bill! What’s with this guy?

This guy – Rick Braswell – is having a midlife crisis at thirty. Ever since making a house call for that crazy Ellen Anderson, Rick’s crisis has turned into crises. He’s having the worst luck of his life, and every accident and injury involves Ellen. And yet there is something about her that makes Rick want to beat the jinx; so he can love the woman.


“Why is it every time I come over here, something
bad happens to me?” He stepped near enough to touch
her. Ellen retreated to the front door.
“Maybe it’s the house,” she said sounding nonchalant
as she turned aside and glanced back at him. “What do
you think? The house, right? How about some coffee?
We’ll see how long the jinx lasts.”
Rick didn’t buy her relaxed routine. He saw how fast
she had moved away from him. She could run, but she
sure wasn’t hiding. Miss Muffet didn’t know it, but the
light from behind her was shining through her gown,
silhouetting her figure. No Sir. Nothing hidden
whatsoever.
Ellen turned and walked into the house. Rick
followed her as far as the door.
“I think it’s you,” Rick stated, stopping Ellen in her
tracks.
She pivoted to face him. He stood there leaning on
the door frame with crossed arms, taking in every detail
of this woman from her red painted toenails to the hair
slipping from her barrette.
“Me? What’s me?”
Rick entered the house and came to stand right in front of
her. “You, Miss Muffet. You are the jinx.” He touched the
tip of her nose, and then tucked a strand of hair behind
her ear. “And you are very, very dangerous.”

It's just after 9 am now. I just checked The Wild Rose
Press website, and The Jinx is there!! I've added
a link on the cover in the upper right hand corner of
this blog. It should take your right to it!!

Happy Reading!