PJs

So, what did I do on my day off? Cleaned up my bedroom! Oh, the clothes strewn hither and yon. I just love writing that. "Hither and yon." Isn't it a great phrase?

Think classy British accent. Hello, dear. What happened to the kippers?
Oh, the Noreaster blew them hither and yon, old chap.

What was I talking about? Oh, yeah.
Day off.
Bedroom.
Tidying up.
Pajama!

I have too many of them. I stopped counting at eight sets of top and bottom pajamas, including several flannel pair, several stylish cotton sets, and I include in that the footed pajamas given to me perhaps as I joke, but I love them! So warm and cozy! And they take up too much space so I hung them up. I stopped counting my gowns when I got to ten. I love gowns in the summer; pajamas in the winter. Every time I'm in a store and I go by the nightie section, I think "Yes. I need some of those." But I don't! I have too many, but they are so darn comfortable. If I could get by with it, I would wear pajamas in the daytime as well as at night. I would be the moral Hugh Hefner (that is to say, monogamous relationship and acting my own age!)

One time the kids at the Preschool where I work were having pajama day. Oh, boy! The perfect day to wear my footed pajamas to work, and I was pretty sure I could get away with it!! Then I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. Oh, heavens, those things are NOT FLATTERING!! So, I trudged back upstairs to take them off.

Another pajama story. My mother-in-law gave me this sexy nightie thing for Christmas. Well, more power to her for being all progressive, so I brought it home. Well, when I told my husband where it came from you would have thought that the gown had been worn by Typhoid Mary with cooties crawling all over it and perhaps some Hepatitis A,B,C, and G smeared over it as well. He just could not take it that his mom had had anything to do with the acquisition of the nightie. So, my kid wears it for dress up. She's asked if she can wear it to school, but I think it probably isn't a good idea. It's winter, you know. And she's five. I think it would be wrong on several levels.

I couldn't bring myself to get rid of it, so I hung it next to the footed pajamas.