Dogwood

The Dogwood trees are in bloom here in my neck of the woods, and I have to say that I am enjoying the gorgeous blossoms in my yard and neighborhood. Dogwood has more significance for me than just the beautiful trees because KYOWA, my local writers chapter of RWA (Romance Writers of America) hosts the Dogwood Writing Conference every year. This year Dogwood is this weekend at Greenbo State Park in Kentucky. It has been so exciting to be in the planning and hosting (or should I say hostessing?) of this event. I just made a trip over to Greenbo to haul boxes and boxes of books we will be giving away at the Conference. How awesome is that?! Come to a conference and get free books-exactly my kind of conference!!
I am excited about the workshops as well! Tonight a guy from the ATF will be coming to tell us some of his adventures in his work!
Tomorrow is my birthday. Other than being with my family, I can't think of a more fun way to spend a day than being with other writers.
It is going to be so much fun!!