Gearing up for Dogwood

Every year my local writing group hosts the Dogwood Writing Conference which takes place in April at Greenbo State Park. Last year was my first year to go, and this year I will actually be giving a workshop on blogging and websites. Do I find this ironic? Yes. Because although I know more than I did before I was published, what I do know could fit on the back of a postage stamp. And maybe not even that, as with the sticky back it is so hard to write on the back of a postage stamp. And why would someone WANT to do that anyway? I mean, wouldn't that mess up the sticky part and make it hard to use the stamp? And if you did use it, you would lose all the information on the back because it would be stuck to an envelope being mailed to General American for my life insurance policy.

ERRRRR. What was I talking about?

Oh, yeah.

Dogwood!

Dogwood is a pretty tree in the springtime. It is also the name of our conference, and where we will announce the winners to our Bold as Brass contest. It's not too late to enter if you have a scene (10 pages or less plus a one page set up) of your heroine at her feistiest. The deadline is April 1, and you can click here to read the rules:
Bold as Brass!

Our keynote speaker is Tara Taylor Quinn, a published author. Isn't she pretty?




And she actually has a Harlequin SuperRomance out this month. How cool is that?



I'm very excited to be able to meet her at Dogwood. I've asked our local bookstore to carry a few more of her books in case any of us want to pick them up after being inspired at the conference. We're going to have a lot of fun there, and it will be my birthday weekend-so look out! I'm planning on making my last days of 38 really count!

And while I was at the bookstore, they told me my book The Jinx ought to be there within two weeks-yay! After that, we will schedule a book signing. Oh, boy, won't that be fun! I've probably said before but if any of you would like to be me at the book signing, just let me know. I'm a little shy about these things so...